Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default OT Good News forTNP

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 12:41:35 +0100
Chris Hogg wrote:

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 12:32:21 +0100, Davey
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:49:36 +0100
"tim..." wrote:

She forgets to mention the cost of Hornsea 1 power, as agreed, at
£140 per megawatt-hr.

That was then...

But is still the price they will be paid. Unless it gets increased to
account for inflation.

AIUI all strike prices (aka Contracts for Difference, CfD) are index
linked. This, from http://tinyurl.com/za5q6ll p.22

"4.21. In the November CfD Heads of Term we indicated that the CfD
strike price would be indexed to the Consumer Price Index (CPI),
either wholly or partially. In the EMR Spending Review Announcement of
June 2013 we confirmed that the CfD strike price would be fully
indexed in line with CPI throughout the entire term of the CfD."

So it will always be the same multiple of the price of Hinckley Point's
power that it started out at.

--
Davey.