Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Farms (OT)

In article ,
Andrew Mawson wrote:
My brother used to go to a small caravan site on a farm close to where his
daughter lived, in the green belt. Nice enough small farm with a decent
although plain house, and outbuildings in pretty good condition. The land
was all let out as the owner was old. It was sold quite recently, and was
surprised how little it made. I'd guess based on the maximum income you
could expect from it.

Can you quote specifics Dave? Total acres and price achieved and where ?

Milton Keynes area. Fetched something just over a million. Sort of price a
pretty average house on a small plot would fetch in central London. Not
sure of the exact size acre wise. Had four fields of what I'd call average
size as well as the yard area which was quite large, and a wild area. I've
a feeling some land had already been sold off years before, as the barns
etc looked far too extensive for such a small farm.

(£10-12K per acre round here)

--
*Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.