Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Painting light switches

On Tuesday, 16 August 2016 13:26:21 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 16 August 2016 01:23:20 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 15 August 2016 09:06:22 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:

I'd say the very cheapest new one from Screwfix, etc, would
look a million times better.

It soon would. Would take about a million times longer too,
hence the temptation.

I've told you a million times not to exagerate.

I never ever ever exaggerate

20mins for a switch? Maybe the odd ping****it to screw things up
but a more pleasing solution

Travel to screwstation, get it, return, power off, fit it. Versus
about 30 seconds with a paintbrush. That's why they often get
overpainted. Then when the paint wears off it looks even worse.

Then you buy the new switch at the same time as you buy your
decorating materials. Simples.

Sometimes yes. Sometimes it doesn't happen. But there's not much mileage in us both stating the obvious & trivial.

Very true. But do tell me - surely you'd never paint a light switch in
your own home?

I remember seeing it done in a neighbour's house when I were a kid - and
shuddering. ;-)

Today no. But if I'd just bought a wreck and was doing a quick tidy, and the switches were already painted... why not as a short term tidy up.

NT