Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default (OT) Traffic Speed Detecting Signs

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 3:04:37 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Answers in-line...

I've been stopped for speeding 3 times.

The first time I was doing 70 in 55 in a rented car. I told the officer that I didn't know
how to use the cruise control. He gave me a ticket for a noisy muffler. (Brand new car,
less than 3000 miles on it).

Equipment violation, the rental co. should have taken care of it.

You couldn't have missed the point by any farther of a distance.

Brand new car, less than 3000 miles on it.

Do you really think it had a noisy muffler?

Do you really think the rental company wouldn't have questioned a
noisy muffler violation on a brand new vehicle that clearly did
not have a noisy muffler?

Do you really think I was going go though the hassle of trying to
get them to cover it instead of just mailing the check to the
municipality?

Good grief.

You were doing something so you were stopped. You were cut a break with the
muffler.

--
Tekkie