Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_16_] Danny D.[_16_] is offline

Default Why don't mice figure out the moustrap?

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:52:48 -0400, wrote:

I'm an animal lover, but mice are NOT on my list of animals to love. I
dont take pleasure in killing them

I don't take any pleasure in killing them either.
None whatsoever.

I don't mind letting them go at the small overhang where I dump the live
rattlers - but that means a dozen humane traps first.

And, I guess, it's not humane unless you constantly *check* the traps, as I
don't generally travel to the pumphouse (except when the backflow valve is
acting up - and - well - thanks to you guys - that backflow valve won't be
acting up anymore).

The traps are in the crawl space of the house, so, humane traps are
problematic in inaccessible areas (they'd just be starvation traps - which
doesn't sound all that humane).