Tim Marcus

Default Sony KV-27EXR25 just clicks, (STRS6301 to "A" or not to "A")

TELEVISION*
SONY*
KV27EXR25*
DEAD?CLICKING NOISE, B TOO HIGH*
CHECK R673 4.7 FOR OPEN*

TELEVISION*
SONY*
KV27EXR25*
DEAD, CLICKS, SWITCHING XFMR HAS NO POWER OUT-BOARD G*
REPLACE IC651 STRS6301, R656 560, Q611 2SC3311A*

I have repaired several of these - first I swap out the str regulator,
which is almost always bad. Then take care of the cold joints. If that
does not do it one of these 2 tips probably will. best of luck - Tim

"Sofie" wrote in message ...
RonKZ650:

I think we will all be interested in your future posting with the comparison
testing results.

"Running too hot" has NEVER been an issue with the $7 "generic" or rather,
after market replacements I get from my jobber. 100% OK.

The markings on the replacement chips that I have always obtained from my
jobber @ $7 appear to be the same as the more expensive Sony supplied
chips.... it looks to me like the SAME manufacturer and almost definitely
NOT some cheapo Hong Kong, inferior, rip-off.with obvious cosmetic
challenges that we are all familiar with.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"RonKZ650" wrote in message
Yes, but is there a difference in the "Sony A" for $30 or the "generic A"

for
$7? I'm going to find out next Sony I work on. The last 2 generics I

replaced
were running over 160 degrees F. I think that's really too hot. I'm

anxious to
compare the original Sony. Sony still sells both the STRS6301 and 6301A as

different part number.
Ron