- - ex - -

Default Slowing Electric Meters

Bob Urz wrote:

Well, maybe there is some truth in it. I have a electronic meter. There
was a ice storm here and the meter was covered with ice for a few weeks.
After the thaw, the power company called to ask if i was still in
business because i showed zero power use. Not sure if the ice around it
did it, but something zapped my electronic meter. I suppose now people
will be trying to freeze there meters.......

Bob

Don't the new remote reading meters communicate at 928 MHz or so? If
so, a shield of ice might effectively kill the signal in some instances.
Of course as soon as the ice melts its back to communicating the
actual reading again.

-Bill M