Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default 2 jobs that should be simple but... rain gutter and barrel rant.

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 10:41:48 AM UTC-4, dream weaver wrote:
Rain harvest system

Oh sure. Sounds real simple.

Rain Gutters

Oh Sure. Sounds real simple.

Rain gutters are simple unless you have tilted fascia boards and you
didn't know they needed flashing until after you install them. Even with
youtube I seemed to make these two tasks as difficult as possible. The
outcome was good, up to now, but required more effort than I imagined
and I still have to put in another 20 ft of gutters.

I'm trying to equalize the pressure in the 55gal poly sealed rain
barrels (not stacked.) I have 1/4" vinyl tubing with grommets, elbows
and tees, but its a sealed system so the pressure can get relatively
high. not sure how high tho. Never put 1/4" vinyl tubing w/ grommets to
the test.

How can you wind up with high pressure in a gravity fed rain barrel?
I don't understand the pressure problem and having a sealed system
is nuts, because as water comes in, air has to go out.

+1