John Jardine

Default That TV prog

BigWallop wrote in message

"John Jardine" wrote in message
Just switched on to see the guy demonstrating a hampster cage 'tumble

drier'
being warmed by a bunsen burner.
Did he *really* need the storm-trooper head and face face protection and

the
full gauntlet welding gloves?.
Anyone ever wonder why we seem to be becoming a nation of

girly-girlies?.
regards
john

Studio and Personal Insurance Policies are turning the world into a legal
mine field. If you ever seen the programs were John Noakes (Blue Peter)
gets his foot stood on by an baby elephant or Richard Whitley (Countdown)
having his index finger bitten through by a weasel (or ferret), then

you'll
understand why today they have to wear to gloves and steel toed footwear
when in contact with animals.

There is also the fact of one presenter nearly being gassed by a faulty
burner in set decoration and the one who fell thirty feet when describing
how weather vanes work.

Bring back the good old days of Television, Eh ?. :-))

Too true about the liability aspect. For me though, they instantly lose any
credibility as a provider of valid information.
On the other hand and other channel, it's dead easy to relate to Fred
Dibnah and his H+S nightmare of a workshop.
Maybe best to treat 'em as 'consumables'. They can then use their artistic
presentation skills to enhance dire experiments, such as the effect of
putting a lead weight in their ear.
regards
john