Witchy

Default Damp wall

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 20:16:17 -0000, "Toby"
wrote:

JK wrote:

This doesn't sound like a diy job. Not if you mean the application
of one of those terrifying massive grinders that pavement operatives
use in busy shopping centres to cut curbstones! How wide does such a
trench need to be anyway?

More of a spring job than a winter one but not too arduous. You'd be
surprised how thin the concrete turns out to be, maybe only 1" over rubble,
especially if it is an old house. Like Niel says a 6" from the wall is good,
the depth is dependant on your own circumstances. An angle grinder won't go
through the whole thickness but will provide a score line which will
encourage the concrete to crack along it. USe a variety of hammers, drills,
chisels, picks, levers etc to create the channel.

And most importantly, remember to think of people you don't like as
you're doing the hammering ))

When I was knocking the bathroom into an adjacent bedroom I made the
job much more pleasurable by picturing all the managers at work that
were making my life hell!
--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs