Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Insulating a/c ductwork on the roof

On 8/15/2016 8:47 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 18:27:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've been in the foam business for 46 years. I'd use latex paint. I
know of applications that are many years old and still in good
condition. Any color you desire will work.

Do you use a circular saw or sabre/jig saw? I see there are special blades
for cutting foam: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KM0RLUU

I also see a mention of foil faced foam. Then I would use foil faced tape.

I would think Liquid Nails would attach the foam to the ductowrk.

Hand saw makes for easy cutting with minimal mess. Electric knife works
well too. Not familiar with the blade you show but it looks like it
would work.

Pretty much any construction adhesive works well.