Bob Shuman

Default HP Laserjet 3P - Error 52

Michael and Tim,

Thanks for the advice and the web site URL. Sounds like you both feel it is
the scanner motor assembly. I'll see if the owner wants to spring for the
$57 for the part given there is a high probability this is the cause of the
problem.

Bob
..
Replace the scanner motor unit. The scanner motor units of thy
Laser-Printer-Types (LX-Type) have a heat problem.
Usually the chip and the PCB beneath is burnt.
I had the same problem with a Brother HL-4V (also LX-Type)
Replacing the unit is quite easy to do - only if you know which screws
to open getting to the 'core' of the printer ;-)

Michael