Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Intresting Engine

Howard Beel wrote:

New engine to hit the market in 2017.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/14/i...gine-variable-

compression-official/

Best Regards
Tom.

Hmm, my 2009 Honda Civic hybrid has variable intake valve timing, which
seems to pretty much accomplish the same thing. They've been doing this for
some time, probably dates back to at least 2006 on that model.

By reducing the charge drawn into the cylinders, it reduces the peak
pressure, so that seems to be varying the compression, too.
A pretty low-tech way to accomplish it, it doesn't make any chages to the
lower end. This Infiniti scheme seems to add a LOT more complexity to the
lower end. I wonder if this is some way to get around a Honda patent?

Jon