Lenny

Default Sony KV-27EXR25 just clicks, (STRS6301 to "A" or not to "A")

This set clicks, the degausing coil energizes and thats all. Almost
every solder joint on the power supply board was cold. The Hor out in
circuit does not look shorted. I repaired the solder and the set is
still dead. There is an STRS6301 on the power supply board. I have
seen a few of these bad over the years and usually just replacing them
restores proper operation. However lately I've been reading about the
"A" version of this chip as being improved or better. Then again in
some forums it seems that its not recommended to replace an original
with an "A". Does anyone have any further insight on this? Also not
having a schematic, does anyone have a straight forward
troubleshooting procedure for this chassis or perhaps a published tip
on it that they could possibly share with me? Thanks very much for any
assistance you may be able to offer. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.