Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Hitachi C10FL Tablesaw, Any Good?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 10:05:36 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/13/2016 6:22 AM, wrote:
I think you are off to a great start with investing in really good
quality power tools like Hitachi. I own one after reading on really
fantastic reviews (
http://woodworkingtoolkit.com/hitachi-c10fl/) and no regrets so far.

Not so sure I'd agree from the review.

Cons
Right after setting this table saw up, you will notice that the Hitachi
C10FL has a movable base that is simply just a base. It moves, but it
lacks the general smoothness of a movable table saw. It is jittery at
best and any ridges on the floor will literally bend the rollers. Thats
right. It happened to many people. Which is more than weird, since
Hitachi advertised this product as a €śstationary table saw€ť.

It weighs a ton, and it makes no sense to have a table saw of this size
and weight to be movable.

This table is also a potential fire hazard. The dust collection
compartment is inside the table saw, so you visually have no idea what
it is collecting. Sawdust that enters it is hot from friction so the
risk of a fire is ever so present with this table saw model.

Really? Table saw sawdust is hot enough to start a fire? Maybe that guy
needs a new blade. ;-)

Well actually and even with a new blade a board can warp enough in the cut
to bind and slow moving the work through the completion of the cut. This
is one reason that some blade manufacturers add a non stick coating too the
body of the blade, a party of the blade that ideally should never touch the
wood.
And since many TS's are used to cut constructing grade material it is
difficult to find material that is not bowed or warped to some degree.

If you end up with burn marks on a cut it was hot enough and not all of
that burn remained on the board.
Does it happen often, I have only seen smoldering under the saw a time or
two in 35 years and I took steps to insure that the smoldering did not
catch fire but there was smoke coming out of the saw/base.

That would be prefect for one of those 3AM infomercials. Right after
the guy with the ketchup stained shirt gets done fighting with his
tangled garden hose and bumping his shin because he couldn't turn
the light on, he can put out the fire under his table saw.