Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] sets@tractorvision.com is offline

Default Sanding/buffing/polishing epoxy clear coat top

Just a few notes on this since we are doing a massive polishing mission here.

We applied the epoxy with a roller and brushed it flat OR sprayed it. Sprayed looks really good.

we did all wet sanding to keep the dust to a minimum... 220 (if necessary), 400 (if necessary), 800 and 1200. Realistically most pieces were ready with the last 2. Had to use coarser sandpaper where brush strokes or heavy ponds had formed. Aside that, the 800 wet worked great to remove the dust dimples.

Polishing was done with the 3M car polishing compounds and worked great. SLOW RPM worked best for us, fast RPM was leaving a dull finish. Novus works great too... use a buffing tool obviously.