Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Central heating wiring question

wrote:
On Monday, 15 August 2016 12:43:49 UTC+1, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Davey wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 12:27:01 +0100
"Dan S. MacAbre" wrote:

Also, what temp. is the boiler thermostat set at?

ATM, the thermostat is switched to off. Still comes on, though.

That does not sound right at all. You definitely need to start
sketching, including the boiler internal wiring! There may be no limit
to the bodges done to the system.

Yes, this seems the oddest symptom to me. I've no doubt that it is
wired incorrectly, but as long as the boiler stat was working, no-one
noticed. And, it seems, the timer did actually switch it on and off as
required, since mum says that putting the timer switch in the
permanently off position no longer does anything. Now, perhaps,
something is broken in the boiler. Maybe some frost protection device
or a PCB, if it even has one? It's an old Glow-Worm thing, but to me
that means there should be fewer things to go wrong :-)

Well at least the worm is still glowing.

:-) Too much, right now.

NT