Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Painting light switches

On 8/14/2016 2:14 PM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/14/2016 6:39 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I'm sure there are some on here that would paint switches etc. The
group has more than its fair share of cretins.
When my daughter moved into her flat, it had been freshly painted by
the landlord - every switch and socket, even the cable connections,
was coated with emulsion. Took ages to get that sorted.
Yup. And of course if you don't remove it looks so tatty very soon
afterwards. Any painted surface like that will soon wear off if
subjected to heavy wear - as something like a switch or socket will.
Even pro finished lacquered types can get tatty quickly with careless
use.

Yup. But when some wally has painted it before it can be very tempting
to take the quick option & repaint it.

I'd say the very cheapest new one from Screwfix, etc, would look a million
times better.

Agreed.