Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED's - pleased with them

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) submitted this idea :
I'd be surprised if any LED gave a better beam pattern than tungsten.
Perhaps you were using spots rather than floods before?

The original lamps were definately floods, we have a few spots bought
in error still in the cupboard - which were found to be useless for the
purpose. As (temporary) replacements, I sought out the longer ES CFL's,
because lacking reflectors, the fittings absorbed all the light if they
sank all the way into the fittings.

If the aim was even lighting, the originals should have been installed at
a spacing which gave just that. Changing to some sort of 'all round' bulb
in a fitting designed for a reflector bulb which gives a defined beam is
going to be a compromise. As is fitting any bulb with a different beam
pattern to the original.

As said, that was intended to be just a temporary solution, until I
decided how to move forward, but these LED floods seem to solve the
issue completely and for not a lot of cost or effort.

--
*Go the extra mile. It makes your boss look like an incompetent slacker *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.