Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default painting wood using oil-based paint

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 7:50:29 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 5:41:55 PM UTC-4, leza wang wrote:

1) Can I use Oil primer alone? Does that primer has color?

No and you only use primer on bare wood, which I don't think you
have. You'd use it on new wood or spots that have been scraped/sanded
bare, repaired, etc.

Absolutely not true.

Primer is required when you want to use Latex over Oil and that is just one example. Proper surface prep is a must, but you do *not* have to take the surface down to bare wood if you want to prime before painting.