Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default painting wood using oil-based paint

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 7:39:19 PM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:
"leza wang" wrote

I want to paint my house porch and the siding trims (wood) which look like
this

http://www.austinprosiding.com/wp-co...nd-Windows.jpg

The photo looks like plastic. Is that T-111 siding?
and the window casing is really wood?

If I'm not mistaken it's LP Smart Siding/Trim or a similar engineered
product.

http://lpcorp.com/products/siding/lp...e-trim-siding/

I have a shed built from the product. It comes primed and ready to finish
paint. It's OSB with one face finished to look like many different sidings,
including T-111, or in the case of trim, "rough cedar" as just one example.

http://www.lpsmartside.com/products/trimfascia/

It's actually nice stuff to work with and so far my shed has held up nicely. It's going on 10 years old and there's no sign of paint failure, insect issues,
rot, or anything of that nature.