Posted to alt.home.repair

Default alt.hobbies.beekeeping

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 3:46:48 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 07:08:50 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

So far this year I have extracted about 7 gallons of light honey
from my 3 production colonies (4th is new this year , and I won't be
taking honey from it) and expect to harvest probably another couple
of gallons . I do have to leave them enough to support themselves
over the winter and to make brood in the spring but the rest is
mine, mine , mine , allllll mine ...

What flavor is the honey?

"natural" ... this is a very light flavored wildflower honey , and it
tastes like ... honey ! It has a very light floral aroma , in contrast the
darker honey I harvested last fall ws dark and had a very strong floral
aroma and flavor .
--
Snag

I wonder what honey is like from sates where the cultivation of marijuana is legal. Oh yea, only 25% of the bees actually work and the rest can't find their way home most of the time. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Sweet Monster