GPG

Default What is that the smell of burnt electornics called?

BTW, (I should make a new thread?) if anyone has a schematic for this one,
there's a transistor -- Q-751, a C1398-- on the tuner section of this one
which is shorted. I'm thinking it's a voltage 'regurator' for the section,
but seems pretty 'hefty' for the purpose. Any ideas as to why that one
would fry? Everything around it looks good. The amp section works fine,
but the tuner (both AM & FM) started getting intermittant before it went out
completely. I'm hoping there's nothing downstream that's gone south, but
need to order the part before I can find out(?).

jak

2SC1398 70V, 2A, 15W