Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Help! -caustic soda overdose.

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 12/08/2016 08:56, Brian Gaff wrote:
Its that ridiculous interface that the web site mentioned is using to read
the group as if it was a web forum, I doubt anyone is even aware that the
group is older than the web portal itself.

They ought to be. The date is clearly displayed at the top of the post
they are replying to on their web site.

I can only put it down to a problem between keyboard and chair.

Andy

I think you'll find the homeownershub randomly promotes a thread to be a
"top question" or "unanswered question" with no reference to the date and
makes it accessible on the home page of that particular forum. This is why
folk respond to these ancient threads.

To make matters worse, HOH also sorts all threads (and responses) by date
of the first post, not date of the most recent response. Consequently
responders almost certainly don't see their own answers or any follow ups
as these don't appear in as recent messages.

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile