Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default (OT) Traffic Speed Detecting Signs

On 08/13/2016 01:00 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 20:30:56 +0100, T wrote:

On 08/13/2016 12:10 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 19:55:54 +0100, Tekkie® wrote:

James Wilkinson posted for all of us...

The cop appeared alongside me and made very rude gestures.

A good copper. He didn't know you but his ahole detector was maxed
out on
you.

Everyone who isn't a cop is an arsehole to a cop.

I grew up around cops. One of my childhood friends became
a cop.

There really is an "us and them" mentality. For
starters, they believed that it was next to impossible
to outsiders to understand what they went/go through. They
also told me that no one wants them around, UNLESS you
want them to do something to someone else. I thought
it was a bit insular thinking, but I am not in their
shoes ...

No sane person would ever be a cop, because most of today's laws are wrong.

Having grew up around them, I have to tell you that it
is a bit of a calling. The good ones are actually fighting
for something larger then themselves. And they should be
honored for that. It is a good sign that folks like
that still exist in this world.

The bad ones on the other hand (they are the minority) are
psychopaths looking for a safe venue to practice their trade.

I was told as a kids by the cops around me that you will never
know who the bad ones are if you are polite to them. Back
talk them and your will quickly find out which ones are which.
I have never once back talked a cop in my entire life.

The good ones I grew up around told me they hated the
bad ones because they were under a lot of pressure to back
the bad ones up when they caused trouble (fights, chases, etc.)

You can tell a bad traffic cop if they light up from a far
distance. This is to try to trigger a chase. The proper method
is to get right behind you and then light up. That way
running from them does not seem like such an option.