Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do you use for all-purpose rubber gasket material?

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 11:58:25 AM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 18:23:37 -0500, Danny D. wrote:

What do *you* use for your scrap rubber gaskets?

Thanks for all the flexible advice, which I followed to the letter.

To that end, I picked up a two-gasket set of 1/16th inch 6x6 "rubber sheet
packing" material at Home Depot for around $2.50 a sheet.

http://i.cubeupload.com/8WtAr4.jpg

Home Depot didn't have anything larger than 6 inches square, so, for the
larger sheets, I found a "memo magnet" which was just about the same
thickness but which is 8"x11".

In hind sight, since it cost about ten bucks for those three sheets of
rubber, a car tire tube would probably have been cheaper and longer
lasting, so I'll look around to see if I can find one in stock at the
store.

Do you have a NAPA store in your area? Those folks usually have gasket material in stock. They have all kids of material for gaskets. ^_^

https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/FPB3030/FPB3030

https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/search/?text=rubber gasket material&isProduct=true&isInterchange=true&referer =allprod

[8~{} Uncle Gasket Monster