Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Gas pipe through above ceiling

On Saturday, 13 August 2016 14:54:31 UTC+1, Phil L wrote:
harry wrote:

Why do you babble on about things you have no knowledge of?
All voids where there is a gas pipe need some precaution.

http://www.dbsaltd.co.uk/downloads/T...ed%20Voids.pdf

All regulations change with passage of time.

You keep quoting the same information without even reading it Harry - you've
been proven wrong fifty times in the previous thread on this subject and
still post the same ****e that you can't even understand.
Last time out you were insisting that every gas meter cupboard must have
it's own vent, despite over 90% of them in the UK don't have any such vent
and aren't required to do so.

'no knowledge of'? - I've been working with a gas safe plumber for the past
three weeks as he's first fixing several detatched houses I'm working on.
The gas meter is in the integral garage. He's run a 22mm pipe up the garage
wall, across under the floorboards of two bedrooms, a landing and a boiler
cupboard and up the wall to attatch to the boiler. No ventilation in any of
the voids, I said to him, 'there's a bloke on the internet says you're doing
it all wrong, and it needs venting under the floorboards'. He said, 'tell
him he's a ****'

Read the regulation/link I posted ****-fer-brains.

I was working on industrial gas boilers for thirty years.
Watching the regulations evolve to counter various accidents.

There's plenty of brain dead gas fitters about.
Which is why we have gas explosions from time to time.