Mark D. Zacharias

Default Stereo receiver hit by lightning

Often if the unit is not turned on at the time, and if other items in the
house weren't damaged, then only the standby transformer is bad.

Mark Z.

"Sofie" wrote in message
John Smith:
It should be very obvious to you that based on your description of the
symptoms, void of any basic technical troubleshooting and testing, that a
half-way accurate diagnosis and remedy over the internet or telephone is

not
going to happen.
The problem you described could go either way..... could be amazingly

simple
and inexpensive to fix.... OR ..... could be an expensive and elaborate
repair. The only way to know for certain is to TAKE it to a repair shop
for at the very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an

intelligent
decision with facts instead of internet or telephone guesses. A

qualified
technician will actually have to pull the covers off and make some tests

and
perform some basic troubleshooting in order to give you the answer you are
seeking. Take it to a shop before you assume it is not worth fixing.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"John Smith" wrote in message
news
I have an older Pioneer VSX-502 receiver that was hit by lightning

through
the AC line. The receiver was not turned on at the time, but it was

plugged
in and the standby light was on.

After the incident, the receiver could not be powered on, including all
indicator lights.

Question: Is it worth sending it to a repair shop?

Thanks.