Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default (OT) Traffic Speed Detecting Signs

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 01:08:27 +0100, T wrote:

On 08/12/2016 11:15 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:03:15 +0100, T wrote:

On 08/11/2016 03:06 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 22:34:25 +0100, T wrote:

On 08/11/2016 02:15 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
I like being with other fast cars, it means the chances of me getting
done are very low (especially if I'm not the one at the front).
When I
find other fast cars, I let them think they're faster by letting them
pass, then stay behind them.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do. I still get
a ticket.

I get passed by cars going so fast my card shutters.
I still get the ticket.

My dad, the second worst drive I have ever known, once
drove to another city to take a fired and his wife to a
restaurant. The guy was a highway patrolman. The
guy told my father later that he had counted close
to 200 infractions. My father never got a ticket in
his life.

Maybe I am easier to catch?

:'(

All you need to do is make looking out for cops more important than not
crashing.

I think you have something thee. I am watching my driving and not
watching for cops or signs of them, such a a bunch of slow moving car
all bunched up going the other direction.

Both my dad and father-in-law (two worst drivers ever) had a six sense
about cops and could spot them over the horizon. Neither one ever got
a ticket their entire lives.

Dunno if it works in the US, but in Scotland you can talk your way out
of 2/3rds of tickets.

Here in the US, my experience is they have made up their
minds as soon as they get out of their "vehicle" and pull
up their pants.

The best thing to do here is to give them an alternative. For example they seem to prefer to book you for having a bald tyre than for speeding. Which is good, because speeding is a £100 fine and 3 points on your license (12 in 3 years and you lose your license). But a bald tyre only needs replacing and a certificate sent from the garage to the police within 14 days.

--
Some people's brains are purely for life support purposes only.