Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default (OT) Traffic Speed Detecting Signs

On 08/12/2016 11:15 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:03:15 +0100, T wrote:

On 08/11/2016 03:06 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 22:34:25 +0100, T wrote:

On 08/11/2016 02:15 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
I like being with other fast cars, it means the chances of me getting
done are very low (especially if I'm not the one at the front).
When I
find other fast cars, I let them think they're faster by letting them
pass, then stay behind them.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do. I still get
a ticket.

I get passed by cars going so fast my card shutters.
I still get the ticket.

My dad, the second worst drive I have ever known, once
drove to another city to take a fired and his wife to a
restaurant. The guy was a highway patrolman. The
guy told my father later that he had counted close
to 200 infractions. My father never got a ticket in
his life.

Maybe I am easier to catch?

:'(

All you need to do is make looking out for cops more important than not
crashing.

I think you have something thee. I am watching my driving and not
watching for cops or signs of them, such a a bunch of slow moving car
all bunched up going the other direction.

Both my dad and father-in-law (two worst drivers ever) had a six sense
about cops and could spot them over the horizon. Neither one ever got
a ticket their entire lives.

Dunno if it works in the US, but in Scotland you can talk your way out
of 2/3rds of tickets.

Here in the US, my experience is they have made up their
minds as soon as they get out of their "vehicle" and pull
up their pants.