Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Stuck Incandescent Bulb

In article ,
says...

Many years ago a neighbor asked me to change the fixture outside his
front door. I asked him if the power was off and he said yes.

I swapped out the fixture and told him to turn the power back on. He
reached inside the door and flipped the switch. That was my fault,
I should have been more specific.

When it comes to electricity, or anything else that can kill someone,
"stating the obvious" should always be done. If someone jumps on you
for that, tell them to go pound sand.

Never trust anyone when it comes to the power. I have one of the
'wireless' touch testers and check for power, turn it off and check
again. I use either it or some other type of tester to make sure there
is no power on anything I touch. If possiable put some kind of lock
device on the switch/breaker.

---