news.pipex.net

Default Compaq TFT450 No Power

Hi Peter,

I think that its the two surface mount capacitors near the fuse
terminals. Is it simply the case of removing them by de-soldering the two
contact points on either side of the caps ?

Regards

Dave K.

"Peter van Merkerk" wrote in message
Peter van Merkerk wrote:
I have a compaq TFT450 lcd monitor which won't power up. The input
fuses on the 5v and 12v inputs are fine. After the each fuse there is
a 470 micro farad capacitor. I have a multi-meter but I am not too
sure on how to test the capacitors ?

To test the capacitors you will need an ESR meter.

An alternative for using an ESR meter is to use a oscilloscope to watch

the
signal over the capacitor when the device is powered on. If the capacitor
is good you should see no or only a very small signal.

--
Peter van Merkerk
peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl