Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Stuck Incandescent Bulb

On 08/12/2016 6:46 AM, Bob Simon wrote:
I need to replace a burned out bulb that I can't remove. It was in
anoutdoor hanging fixture that had an old bee hive so I thought it might

be stuck with honey. I turned off the power and repeatedly
sprayed up into the socket with hot water for 10 minutes then put on
leather gloves and twisted hard. I really thought the bulb would
break off in my glove but it didn't budge. Anyone got any ideas for
me to try before I replace the socket altogether?

If need be, break the glass and use pliers on the base.

Water not a great choice for the lubricant altho may help, use something
like WD40 or a rust remover that'll wick in the threads...

---