Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Facts About Gun Control:

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 07:00:25 +0700,
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 09:16:55 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 8:18:35 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
Frank" "frank wrote:
On 8/10/2016 7:45 PM, Dechucka wrote:

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia
as good as any
According to this I would not be allowed to hunt with my
semi-automatic shotgun. Could I even own it since I no longer
target shoot with it.
I don't care what you Ozies say.

Hey moron you were talking about trap shooting. You were wrong and a
typical ignorant septic.

BTW what do you hunt with a semi auto shotgun?

Last answer as I'm k'fing thread. Wasting my time. Think I said
earlier I've owned gun for over 40 years and started using for trap
and skeet, waterfowl and small game. Later scoped it for deer and no
longer shoot targets. State law requires it be plugged for 3 rounds
only.
What the **** do you Ozies care about our gun laws?

Misery loves company ?

Australian gun laws Work that's what. The murder rate in the US is (3.9 per 100,000). The murder rate in Australia is only 1.6 per 100,000.

I'm not sure that is exactly correct in the context that you intend.
Crime rates in Australia are lower across the board than in the U.S.
In 2014 (from Wikki):
Australia -
Murder 1.0/100,000
Robbery 21.5/100,000

U.S. -
Murder 4.5/100,000
Robbery 113/100.000

41.0% of the robberies in the US are committed with firearms. Knives
and other cutting instruments were used in 7.8%.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...-crime/robbery

The correlations between firearm ownership and violent crime are
pretty much uniformly positive, and lead to some of the most
imaginative spin you'll ever hear from the pro-gun-absolutist crowd.

It's such a strong incentive that some of them actually do some
research to learn something, although they're looking for confounding
arguments rather than enlightenment. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress