Posted to sci.electronics.repair
georgewbell georgewbell is offline

Default Sony dvd recorder RDRC100

Has anyone managed to change the hard disk drive in one of the above? I think that if I take the 160 GB HD out and using another 1 TB disk of the the same characteristic to make a clone of the Sony disk, then I might be able to put the clone back into the machine and erase all the film and so get an empty huge disk capacity. I would like to keep all the films and documentaries etc that are on the first disk and if I can do it once I could do it any number of times.

Any ideas as to whether or not it would work? If I made a clone would it just be the same size as the original disk or might it leave the extra space as just a bigger partition? I was thinking of using Clonezilla or is there a better method?

Thanks George.