Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 09:01:42 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 04/08/2016 08:49, Andy Burns wrote:
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal
dishes,
find
the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls
which
are
too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with
just
the
two
of
us.

Even less with takeways. :-)

A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply
something
else
go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

I cod do with one when I'm really lazy

Can't see why I should be doing what a machine can do for me.

for me it depends on the machine.

It actually depends on how much work is involved in doing it by
hand.

If it were significanlty less hassle then I'd think about a
machine
but for me it wouldn;t be significanlty less hassle to have a
dishwasher.

Corse it would if you use it properly. Leave it open, put stuff in
it
after
you have used it. When its something like full, close the door and
run
it.

How long will it take to fill ?

In my case normally 9-10 days depending on what I've had for the
evening meal. Its basically full when all the full sized dinner plates
are dirty and the time that takes to happen varys a little depending
on what I have had for dinner. I dont use a full sized dinner plate
with every evening meal.

So you basically have a 9 or 10 set dinner service

Nope, I buy the large dinner plates as individual plates, Corelles.

So how many do you need for the week ?

A bit less than one a day because some evening meals dont use one.

but some meals do it seems and what if you have company....

You see I only needed to buy 4 large dinner plates, probbaley didn't really need 4, but these things tend to come in sets of 4 or more.

if I had a dishwasher I;d need to buy two sets or more or as you have done buy 9 large plates and perhaps over 100 cups.

why, what's the point on leaving it in a dishwasher
all week and having to get another plate.

Because its a lot easier to do that than to
wash what has been used after every meal.

But I don't have to do it after every meal just when I want to re-use the item,
with a spoon that takes as little as 10 seconds rather than 30 mins at the end of the week or month.

it really deosn;t take me 10 mins it gets a
wash rinse and sits draining I don;t wipe up.

Still a lot more farting around than just putting it in the dishwasher