Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default refrigerator not cooling

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 22:08:06 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 20:45:10 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 20:17:54 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 19:35:14 +0100, Frank Thompson
wrote:
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 1:35:39 PM UTC-4, James
Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 18:10:25 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Frank Thompson wrote:
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 12:29:47 PM UTC-4, Oren
wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 06:54:00 -0700 (PDT), Frank Thompson
wrote:

Side by side Whirlpool refrigerator is cooling only to 58
degrees when set to lowest setting. Serviceman replaced
diffuser, but that did not remedy the problem. Freezer side
is working fine. Any suggestions appreciated.

... unplug the power cord for 5 minutes

Reboot the unit :-)

did that to no avail

Frost free crap?
Probably frozen up to hell.
Put your food in somebody else's fridge, unplug, and leave a
fan heater pointing to the open doors overnight. Put some
towels down ---- etc. If that cures the problem, it will
probably do it again.

When a fridge or freezer breaks, I just replace it. They're not
economically serviceable.

It is less than three years old

That's odd, I've never known one break that soon. Take it back to
the shop. Not sure about America, but in the UK anything up to
about 6 years you can take things back that are not lasting an
expected amount of time.

It's not that easy. Think before you post.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...e-of-goods-act

Beyond six months, it's up to you to prove that the problem was
there when you received the goods even if it has taken until now to
come to light. So, you may need to prove that the fault was not
down to ordinary
wear and tear or damage you caused, and that the product (or a
component) should have lasted longer than it did.

To do this you may need an expert's report, for example, from an
engineer or a mechanic.

Always try to keep the cost of any report proportionate to the
value of the claim and, if you can, try to agree on an expert you
and the seller both agree has the necessary expertise.

With something which receives wear and tear from the user, I agree.
For example the door fell off because your kid was swinging on it.
But if the compressor motor dies after 3 years, that cannot possibly
have been due to user error. The compressor is sealed and not
touched by the operator.

We could always speculate on the doors of the fridge freezer being
left wide open and the compressor running 24/7. This happens.

That wouldn't break it. Turning the compressor on and off is
actually what wears it out.
And anyway nobody would leave the fridge open ALL the time.

I won't speculate.
But you will, as this increases the strength of your trolling in
this group. Go and reply Hucker, prove my point.

Note for ULM users: "James Wilkinson" is
troll Mr Macaw's latest handle.

Why don't you go **** yourself?

You replied, you took the bait. No other poster with a brain would have
taken the very obvious bait. Just how stupid are you?

So you admit to being a pathetic troll?

You are a little **** poor Betterware delivery boy.
But, even those days are numbered.

Give up on your empty threats, you have nothing on me.

--
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change ready.