Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default (OT) Traffic Speed Detecting Signs

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 18:53:48 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 19:47:03 +0100, "James Wilkinson"
wrote:

How much does it jump about? I could believe a line of cars varying by something like 28mph to 34mph.

That's about right.... plus/minus 5mph is about right

A lot of drivers don't stay at the same speed, they're impatient and/or stupid and speed up, then brake as they approach the car in front. That's why you get those ridiculous rolling slow bits on motorways sometimes. I always delete them by just driving at the average speed of the cars in front.

--
Mary had a little lamb, it walked into a pylon. 10,000 volts went up its arse, and turned its wool to nylon.