Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default refrigerator not cooling

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 19:35:14 +0100, Frank Thompson wrote:

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 1:35:39 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 18:10:25 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Frank Thompson wrote:
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 12:29:47 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 06:54:00 -0700 (PDT), Frank Thompson
wrote:

Side by side Whirlpool refrigerator is cooling only to 58 degrees
when set to lowest setting. Serviceman replaced diffuser, but that
did not remedy the problem. Freezer side is working fine. Any
suggestions appreciated.

... unplug the power cord for 5 minutes

Reboot the unit :-)

did that to no avail

Frost free crap?
Probably frozen up to hell.
Put your food in somebody else's fridge, unplug, and leave a fan heater
pointing to the open doors overnight. Put some towels down ---- etc.
If that cures the problem, it will probably do it again.

When a fridge or freezer breaks, I just replace it. They're not economically serviceable.

It is less than three years old

That's odd, I've never known one break that soon. Take it back to the shop. Not sure about America, but in the UK anything up to about 6 years you can take things back that are not lasting an expected amount of time.

--
"These stretch pants come with a warranty of one year or 500,000 calories... whichever comes first."