Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_9_] ChairMan[_9_] is offline

Default (OT) Traffic Speed Detecting Signs

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 4:11:00 AM UTC-4,
wrote:
Our town recently got one of those Traffic Speed Detecting Signs,
that tell you how fast you're going. I've always wondered how they
work, and why they dont detect cars going the opposite direction.(I
assume they work on radar). I also noticed that they only have TWO
digits. Therefore, if you exceed 99mph, what does the sign do?

Last night I was in a convenvience store, when one of the local cops
walked in. That was my chance to ask him what happens if someone
exceeds 99mph. His reply was "I'll give you a speeding ticket". I
laughed and said "that's what I thought you'd say". Then I said,
"besides the ticket, what would the sign do?" He said he never tried
it, so he dont know.

If a cop dont know, who does? I'm wondering if they go back to zero,
or just keep showing 99?????

Obviously your town doesn't have a Idiot Ordinance. If they did, the
cops would have arrested you on the spot.

+10 and bet the cop had a good laugh later telling his fellow cops about the
idiot at the store