Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default When we get old (er)

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 09:01:42 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 04/08/2016 08:49, Andy Burns wrote:
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I
find
the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are
too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just the
two
of
us.

Even less with takeways. :-)

A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something else to
go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

I cod do with one when I'm really lazy

Can't see why I should be doing what a machine can do for me.

for me it depends on the machine.

It actually depends on how much work is involved in doing it by hand.

If it were significanlty less hassle then I'd think about a machine
but for me it wouldn;t be significanlty less hassle to have a dishwasher.

Corse it would if you use it properly. Leave it open, put stuff in it after
you have used it. When its something like full, close the door and run it.

Even if your kitchen is so badly designed that you can't leave it open
even you should be able to manage to open the door to put some
more stuff in it after the meal and to close the door after doing that.

I can make a cup of tea all by myself I don;t need a teasmaid
they just seem more trouble than they are worth.

And only a fool thinks that about a dishwasher or washing machine.

I can wash a cup up too and much quicker than putting it in a dish washers

Bull**** you can.

adding teh detergent settig the cycle

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed that you
only have to do that when its close to full of stuff that needs washing.

then waiting around for it oot finish.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed
that you dont actually have to wait around while it happens.

I tend to rinse a used tea cup under hot running water,
empty that running water into the cup then empty it,
cup then ready to be refiled with hot water to make tea.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed
that there is more involved than just the cup for the tea.

I run mine about every 9 days for the normal stuff and another run
for the full sized beer bottles we call long necks every 24 days.

I don't have one to run.

More fool you.

why,

Because its a lot easier and wastes a lot less of your time
putting stuff in a dishwasher and running it when its close
to full than washing all that stuff by hand after ever meal.

Soemthing wrong with the washing machine at the WE.
took from friday 8pm to sunday 6pm to do a wash
although I turned it off at night.

Time to get it fixed.

If I get off my arse and fix the original one that is now
40+ years old and likely just has a scaled up solenoid
valve, I'll likely have two, mainly so I can just put stuff
straight into the appropriate dishwasher as it is used.

how many of yuo are there ?

One.

but you need two dishwashers.

Dont need two, I choose to have two.

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale
and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

More fool you. It actually costs less to run than doing it by hand.

That's what they tell you

No one ever told me that.

have you actually worked it out for yourself.

Yep. And even if it didnt, the cost is so low that I'm not
actually stupid enough to do that by hand to save so little.

Washing the clothes by hand instead of in the machine
would save me a little since I wash entirely in cold water
but I'm not actually stupid enough to do that by hand either.