Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default When we get old (er)

On 09/08/2016 19:44, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:35:54 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/08/2016 19:23, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 15:37:32 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/08/2016 15:18, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 14:11:52 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 13:58:59 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 13:24:04 UTC+1, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 12:31:55 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale
and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

12-20p a wash versus half an hour or so of hand washing.

Takes me less than a few miniutes and a couple of squerts of
washing up liquid DOES NOT cost even 12p.
My friend dishwasher runs overnight so not the fastest way to wash
a cup you want.

I don't believe you can wash a dishwasherful of stuff in a few
minutes. But seriously, I'm not interested in discussing it.

At least your right about that, but unkike you it seems I can wash up
a cup within a few minutes where as you seem to want to put it in a
dishwasher.
But for me to get a dishwahser full of stuff would take me nearly a
week, how is that economical or fast.

Perhaps IF I had a family of 4+ or I ran gastro pub, or a resturant
or somethijng abopve the scale of just me I migth have condidered a
dishwasher.

There's two of us and I can wash up by hand well within 10 minutes
after a meal.
Why on earth would we need a fishwasher! We'd need to buy double of
every piece of cutlery and crockery as well.
After a full dishwasher wash, you'd then have to spend several minutes
putting everything away. What a load of faffing about.

Because you're not lazy like us. And I don't put things away either.
Dirty dishes collect in piles on the draining board, when it looks like
a load, I empty anything left in the dishwasher and stick the dirty
things in. As I need things which have run out on the cupboards, I get
one from the dishwasher.

Yuk!

What's yuk about it?

Piling up dirty dishes.