Posted to alt.home.repair
tortugato tortugato is offline

Default getting rid of rats

replying to HeyBub, tortugato wrote:
IMPORTANT NOTE!: I didn't read all the comments--this may have been
addressed--but NEVER use ammonia and bleach together. They have a chemical
reaction that forms a poison gas, used in trench warfare in WW I. Bleach is
excellent for cleaning up pathogens, bacterial, and I understand even viral.
Bleach will bring back whites stained by substances, but not grease. Ammonia
is semi-antibacterial, but excellent with grease and oil based cleaning. If
one must use both bleach & ammonia, use the ammonia first, and let it
thoroughly dry. Ammonia will completely go to a gaseous state, thus no
residue. Then use the bleach, but a caution: if you clean with a heavy bleach
solution, the water can dry and leave solid bleach residue. Powdered forms of
bleach have been on the market. If you later use ammonia, you could have the
bleach/ammonia reaction, and damage your lungs or worse.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ts-158714-.htm