Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default When we get old (er)

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2016-08-08, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:29:52 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

[36 lines snipped]

The things you put in to wash the dishes! The detergent!

I don't use tablets.

Me too neither.

+1

The only time we tried them, the dishes didn't get properly clean &
we found the soggy remains of the tablet in the bottom of the washer.

Then you clearly need a better designed dishwasher.

I use Finish powder - which you can only get in 1kg plastic
jobs now rather than the 3kg ones that used to be available.

Annoying, isn't it?

They've pushed all the suckers towards tablets as they are more
expensive.

And exactly the same stuff. The science of detergents is hardly advancing
at
breakneck pace. They've got to come up with "New!", "Improved!" somehow.

It has improved significantly with dishwashers and still does.

One brand of tablets that were significantly cheaper than Finish
ended up leaving a bit of a hazed on the glassware after multiple
cycles. Finish never did and the operation that had the dud tablets
eventually fixed theirs so it no longer does.