Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default mandrels

Not only that off the main drive spindle but have used a flex shaft
coming off and used off to the side.

I also cut my own through spindle bolt that comes to a nut in the
morse 2 then having a threaded amount and using two more nuts and
washers I've mounted face plates and work.

One just has to remember - speed kills. A 8" disk has a very high
surface speed when the spindle it cranking on high speed.

The forces can really control you. Be careful before, during and after.

Martin

On 7/22/2016 4:26 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone used a mandrel on their lathe

the kind with a taper that goes into tailstock and you can mount a buffing
wheel or cbn wheel

saw a combo but it is way too much and if there was a stand alone mandrel
that was 30 or so that would be a sensible addition