Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Need new Radar Detector recommendations

On 08/08/2016 12:59 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 8/8/16 11:13 AM, wrote:

I set my cruise control to 3 miles under posted. I use the detector
for when the postings are ridiculous (speed traps). I do my damnedest
not to be part of their revenue stream, but they are tricky too.
It is all about steeling your day's wages.

I agree...

this is policing for revenue and is one of the things that needs to
change in this country to repair the relationship between citizens
and LEO.

The only folks in this country who have a problem "relationship" with
the police are lawbreakers and the wannabe thugs who threaten, much less
fight with, a cop talking to him or trying to take him into custody.

Then their mamas and the neighborhood-- or national-- agitators raise
hell that the the media rushes to cover and presents their side of the
story while neglecting the crime(s) they committed that brought them to
the cops' attention in the first place and what they did to get their
asses shot or injured.

I have never even been slightly rude to a cop. These guys will risk
their lives for me and don't even know who I am. That needs to
be honored.

My beef is with the SLEAZY POLITICIANS that tell them to go
out and rob folks instead of pitch their tax raises to the
public and let the public vote on it. Don't turn these decent young
men into robbers. They are suppose to protect us, not prey
on us.