Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 00:09:12 +0100, Davey wrote:

Snip

What tablets?

The things you put in to wash the dishes! The detergent!

I don't use tablets.

Me too neither. I use Finish powder - which you can only get in 1kg
plastic jobs now rather than the 3kg ones that used to be available.
They've pushed all the suckers towards tablets as they are more
expensive.

I buy them for convenience. And they cost **** all, especially
supermarket's own.

But the salt in them is useless as it gets nowhere near the water
softener.

Whatever it does, we use use tablets, we live in a Very Hard Water area,
and we never have any problems associated with hard water when using our
dishwasher.

That's the standard response. I'll keep using the salt. The last
dishwasher lasted nearly 16 years.