Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default When we get old (er)

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 20:13:29 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, 8 August 2016 16:12:44 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:22:35 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale
and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

More fool you. It actually costs less to run than doing it by hand.

Sure? Dishwashers only wash properly at something like 75C. You don't
use anything like that temperature by hand, most of the work is done by
scrubbing, but a dishwasher can't scrub. You also drip dry things, or
dry them with a towel. The dishwasher uses heat.

Dishwashers use water blasting with grit to scrub dishes.

I didn't realise there was grit in the tablets.

Only old ones use a hot drying cycle now.

Mine is only about 2 years old and it does.

Mine is likely a bit older than that and doesn't, a Bosch.

So they dry by magic?

Nope, do a final hot rinse and then move air thru it when its pumped out.