Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default When we get old (er)

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:08:05 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:13:29 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

On Monday, 8 August 2016 16:12:44 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:22:35 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

More fool you. It actually costs less to run than doing it by hand.

Sure? Dishwashers only wash properly at something like 75C. You don't
use anything like that temperature by hand, most of the work is done by
scrubbing, but a dishwasher can't scrub. You also drip dry things, or
dry them with a towel. The dishwasher uses heat.

Dishwashers use water blasting with grit to scrub dishes. Only old ones
use a hot drying cycle now.

That would explain why the new one (new model) I bought last year
uses...errr...heat.

No other way to dry dishes really. Apart from a class 2 hurricane, which might damage the crockery. Dyson will try it one day.

--
America remains the international benchmark for institutionalised stupidity. -- Neil Allen, circa 2014