Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nickolas Crosby Nickolas Crosby is offline

Default Etymological question -- "waller" a hole

replying to Tim Wescott, Nickolas Crosby wrote:
Checking in a few years later, but just searched this out when someone poked
fun at me saying "wallered out" at work. I'm in Northern Utah and everyone
that works construction/fabrication/hotrodshops, etc... all use wallered, not
wallowed.
Reaming out is commonly used for drilling a hole to a larger size, wallered is
for when you really wiggle the drill around to work out the angles like some
sort of savage.

--
for full context, visit http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...le-592425-.htm